Breastfeeding preparational classes in the days of Corona
From the 14th of October 2020 until furher notice, the Breastfeeding Classes will be in a virtual setting.
Zoom/Virtual information sessions In the intimacy of your own home, very Corona proof! You'll meet me, see the presentation, meet others and you can ask your questions. You'll receive a handout. It will almost be as usual, and hope it'll soon will be.
¿Necesitas informacion en Español? Llama me por teléfono o contact. ¡Gracias!
I provide breastfeeding preparation sessions, individually or in a group session.
- Private individual session prenatal and postnatal, in the intimacy of your own home
- Private group session, hosted by someone, or you! Invite a small group of co-pregnant couples. You can host this session, and invite other ladies / couples to join in.
- Group session at 'Cursuscentrum / Geboortecentrum' Genestetstraat 3-1
Pregnant women and their partners. Partners are encouraged to be involved in sessions. The support of a partner is an invaluable resource during pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding.
Workshop "Breastfeeding with enjoyment and confidence"
It's supporting to know a bit more about breastfeeding to make a good start together. How to avoid pain, how to make it work, how to enjoy?
You're very welcome in your pregnancy from the moment your questions or need for information is there. Partners are welcome to join in, and can be a good support.
Topics and aproach
This workshop is a thorough introduction to breastfeeding – so that you walk away with more than simply the basics. There’s so much more to it than simply (breast)feeding your baby: breastfeeding can be enjoyable for you and baby! The magic of breastfeeding your LO, is to know how to avoid pain and how to adjust the positioning when you breastfeed your LO. I want to share with you all you need to know about how to ensure a successful start to breastfeeding. And even so important, how to keep it going in a pleasant, enjoyable way!
Useful information, clear visual examples and practice...
You can put lots of knowledge into breastfeeding. But what actually works best is a good combination of facts, lots of practice and trust. By working together in a small group, there’s plenty of time to ask everything you really want to know. Besides useful and evidence based information, we’ll take the chance to actually practice breastfeeding positioning. I‘ll provide you with clear visual examples, and lots of handy tips and tricks.
The more you enjoy each other, the more milk you’ll produce! Not everybody knows that if you suffer discomfort while breastfeeding, your milk flow slows down, resulting in less milk production.
- So what to do or how to adjust things when you experience pain, is one of the most important keys to successful breastfeeding.
- Of course, I'll tell you everything you need to know about how to stimulate and maintain sufficient milk supply
- Or maybe you want to know more about how to combine breastfeeding and your working-life?
- Or to combine breastfeeding and bottle-feeding?
Feel free to ask me anything and everything you want to know! When you know more you can make a clearer and more informed choice for yourself. Hopefully this session will equip you with the information you need so that you can figure out how to make breastfeeding work best for you and your family.
Besides being lactationconsultant IBCLC, I'm also a midwife and counselor. That's why I approach giving breastfeeding, combining my knowledge and positivity, to experience breastfeeding in the most enjoyable way.
When to subscribe?
As soon as your questions are starting to arise, you’re more than welcome preferable before 38 weeks. Your partner can join in, so that he or she can be the best possible support!
All in the intimacy of your own home, if you're living in the city of Amsterdam. Or join the group session at the Cursuscentrum: Genestetstraat 3-1
To subscribe, or if you have any questions: send an email to email@example.com
Hosting a group session at your place?
Thanks for hosting the session! Great to meet you all soon!
Practical notes for the 'host':
- Is it possible to connect my laptop to TV screen? I'll bring a HDMI cable to connect. If not, no worries; we'll use my laptop to watch the video's/PP.
- If possible I'd like to connect to WIFI. Please have the WIFI code available.
- If there are any specific questions, I'd like to collect them on forehand. An email can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
I'd like to start on time, so it works best to welcome guests a bit earlier. I'll arrive around half an hour before starting time, to meet and prepare some things
I'll bring my laptop with presentation and material to 'practice' with. A handout (resumé) will be given to all couples attending.
Invoice will be sent to the 'host' on forehand.
- ONLINE Voorlichting Borstvoeding op 19 december 2020 10:00
Joined Group Session (at Cursuscentrum)
- 25 euro (partners join for free)
Private Individual session (at your place)
- 95,00 euro
Invoice for payment will be sent by email on forehand. Partners are very welcome to join in, no extra charges.
Private group session 'á la Tupperware'
- Costs depend on how many participants you invite to join in.
- Up to 10 persons is the maximum (including partners).
- 110 euro's (2 koppels/couples)
- 135 euro’s (3 koppels/cpls)
- 160 euro's (4 koppels/cpls)
- 180 euro (5 koppels/cpls)
Invoice for payment will be sent by email on forehand. If you host a breastfeeding session a la Tupperware, invoice will be sent to the host.
How to enjoy breastfeeding...